Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Congratulations to the 2010 Champion Green Bay Packers

Vince Lombardi and Tom Landry together on the Giants
I'm a die-hard Giants fan, but if the Giants were to disappear tomorrow I'd probably become a Green Bay Packers fan, because they share a lot of character with the Giants.  A well-run, defense-oriented, conservative franchise with a rich storied history.  And many casual fans may not know, but Vince Lombardi made his bones with the New York Giants.  In fact, the Giants had Vince Lombardi and Tom Landry on the same coaching staff.  I want to know who let these guys go.  The Giants seem to have a history of losing great assistant coaches (Lombardi, Landry, Belichick, Sean Payton, etc).

I also like the current Packers team's solid fundamentals and good tackling (something the Giants are lacking lately).  So even though this Super Bowl win moves Title Town to 13 NFL championships, 4 of which are Super Bowls, widening the gap of my Giants' 7 and 3, respectively, I tip my hat.  I can live with it.  Much more than I could have lived with Pittsburgh collecting #7.

No comments:

Post a Comment